Come with us as we go cruising in search of playful dolphins and the famous wild ponies.
Our Educational Excursions
a. 3-hour trip to one island, Shackleford banks or Cape Lookout:
– Departing from Beaufort to the west end of Shackleford Banks. Departing from Harkers Island to the east end of Shackleford Banks or Cape Lookout.
b. 4 or 5-hour COMBO trip to both Shackleford Banks and Cape Lookout:
– Departing from Harkers Island to the east end of Shackleford Banks, then to Cape Lookout
- 3 Hour Trip
- 4/5 Hour Trip
Thank you for inquiring about our educational programs!
Captain George has been involved in the maritime industry for over 45 years. We are very pleased to offer students and teachers many options that have been proven to be “An Experience to Last a Lifetime.” Our program options include wild horse observations, history lessons, dolphin watching, estuary studies and more. Our highly experienced and knowledgeable Naturalists includes retired school teachers, principles, Citizen Scientists and Anthrozoologist. They will guide you on an unforgettable journey where we will delight each child with new and exciting experiences within Cape Lookout National Seashore. Let us help instill in your students the importance of conservation and preservation while being able to enjoy and respect the inhabitants and beauty of Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks.
Shackleford Banks and Cape Lookout, both barrier islands of Cape Lookout National Seashore, have a variety of resources that enable us to provide a “hands-on” education in multiple subject areas, including Science and History. Programs, such as ours, is what inspires young people to develop new appreciation and possibly make positive life-changing decisions.
Our educational programs include:
- Horse History & Anatomy
- Eco-Systems, Flora & Fauna native to Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Seine Netting – catch & release
- Crabs & Crabbing using Crab Pots – catch various seasonal crabs & learn crab anatomy
- Shelling & Beach Exploration – Learn about shelling, knobbed whelks, bay scallops, scotch bonnets & more. Keep the uninhabited shells you find. Discover and learn of various mollusks and oyster beds.
- Learn of the history while exploring Cape Lookout and Shackleford Banks.
***Our Educational Excursions include round-trip ferry fare, our educational program led by our highly experienced Naturalists and equipment needed for hands-on activities. ***
For detailed information on our programs or to book your class or group, please contact Crystal Coast Lady Cruises at 252-728-8687 or send us an email at [email protected].
All employees are drug-screened, background-checked, as well as verifying they are not on the sexual offender registry. They are also CPR & First Aid Certified. The ferries are fully insured.